My 100 Things | #41 Win a Prize on a Slot Machine

Never in my 18 years of existence have I ever won a prize on a slot machine, so when I added this to my list I felt like it was in the hands of the slot machine rather than myself but would give it a go anyway!

When I was down south last month I went to the amusement arcades on the beach front - a UK holiday essential for my family. I remember going so much when I was little and my Grandma always used to empty her loose change from her purse and I would spend it all on the slot machines.

I was tempted to one machine by a five pound note dangling from the end. I have since realised it was probably glued down as it didn't budge but at the time I could have been sure it was moving so kept putting my change in. I swapped £2 into 2p pieces and spent them all. Some also fell out the machine and I kept putting them back in all in an attempt to get the £5 note.

In the process of doing this the keyrings that were on the top of the coins kept working their way forward and one dropped out. I'm counting this as the toy I wanted to get even though they aren't very big they are still a prize - I don't want to push my luck and try for something else. Anyway, in the efforts to try and get the £5 note, I spent so much money I ended up getting three keyrings! (They're The Simpsons and I'm note a massive fan of The Simpsons but who cares, it's still a prize!)


 

So, there they are, my three keyrings - not one but three!

And....another thing ticked of my 100 things list! I'm working through them now so will keep blogging about them!

Thanks for reading,

Hannah x

P.S If any of my friends are reading this you may get one of these as your Christmas gift! How lucky would that make you? Haha!

P.P.S If you want to look at other posts related to my '100 Things' list - click here

No comments