Blogmas Day 21 | Recipe: Chocolate Truffles

A few year ago my I made some Chocolate Truffles for Christmas and they tasted AMAZING! But I haven't made any since. So this year I thought I would make some more. I took to the internet and found a James Martin Recipe on BBC Food and thought I would have a go.

The first attempt went in the bin (I'll explain why later on), but this is what the second attempt turned out like:

A very messy, but delicious looking plate

Carry on reading if you would like to see the full recipe:

You will need:

350ml Double Cream
400g Dark Chocolate, at least 60% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
3-4 tbsp. sifted cocoa powder
A variety of chocolate sprinkles (optional)

What to do:

1) Place the cream in a saucepan and heat on a medium heat. Do not let it come to the boil (I did this the first time I tried and the mixture spilt!)

2) Place the broken chocolate pieces into a bowl. When the cream is hot (slightly steaming) pour the cream over the chocolate


3) Mix well until the mixture is smooth and has the appearance of creamy melted chocolate


4) Set aside until the mixture has cooled

5) Place in the fridge for two hours until the mixture becomes firm

6) Sift the cocoa powder onto a plate. Using a teaspoon, curl balls of the chocolate and drop them into the cocoa powder and roll them about to cover them completely.

*TIP* You may need to place the chocolate back in the fridge halfway through creating the truffle balls, because a hot kitchen can cause them to go soft, and then it can get very messy!


7) Place them onto a plate to serve. (Or if you are preparing them in advance of when you need them, place into a sealed container and back in the fridge)

I think this is the perfect sweet treat to go with a cup of coffee after you've indulged in Christmas Dinner or an ideal Christmas Gift. Depending on the size you'd like your truffles it can make quite a lot, so would be a lovely gift for friends.

Enjoy...

Love, Hannah x

No comments