Blogmas Day 22 | DIY: Homemade Christmas Gift

I love adding a personal touch to presents. There are a couple of friends, and a couple of people I work with I wanted to give presents to, but just couldn't think what to get them - but they all love food, so I thought that was a good place to start.

This is what my gift ended up looking like:


To do this I used (per present):

Homemade Chocolate Truffles
Homemade Peppermint Creams
2 Sweet Bags
A Jar
Ribbon
Gift Tag
Small piece of material

Apart from the chocolates I bought everything from The Range

What I did:

1) Add a handful of truffles to one sweet bag and a handful of peppermint creams to another

2) Layer these into the jar.

3) Cut out a piece of festive slightly larger than the lid of your jar.

4) Tie this around the lid with a piece of ribbon (a festive ribbon at Christmas of course!)

5) Add a little label saying who it's for, who it's from, and what's in the jar!

*TIP* Do this in a cold room, or by the fridge so you can take the chocolates directly out of the fridge and place them in the bags. I didn't do this, and under my hot kitchen lights they began to melt and some of the chocolate has squashed - sorry to whoever gets that jar! It's still made with love and thought though!



Hope you like this little gift idea. It'd be great if you were making the chocolates for yourself, and needed a last minute present idea, or if you have some friends who love food - like mine!

Merry Christmas. See you tomorrow for more blogmas.

Love, Hannah x




2 comments