My 100 Things | #8 Go Outdoor Ice Skating


I'm a massive fan of Ice Skating and pre stroke I used to go really regularly. When I created my list, going outdoor ice skating was one of the first things I added. It was something I'd wanted to do for a long time, and I knew outdoor ice rinks only really exist in the UK at Christmas so I made sure that when I was visiting my friend in Manchester, we would go!
I'd never done it before and I was very excited. I don't know if I got too excited and had really high expectations but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Robyn (my friend) and me have our own Ice Skates and we didn't take them. I don't know if this made us really nervous but we were pretty rubbish! They were a different kind of skate, and it was funny how bad we'd suddenly become. The rink was really busy and because we were rubbish we kept thinking we were going to knock people over.

After about half an hour I could feel my left ankle starting to tire, so we decided to call it a day - it was different to what I thought it would be but we had a laugh. I'd do it again!

 

 

No comments