Top Ten Beauty Favourites of 2014


I'm a high street kind of girl and I hardly own any high end beauty products. When I was thinking what products would be in my top ten of the past year, I wanted it to reflect a combination of what I use all the time, products I would repeatedly buy, and things I think everyone should own, that the majority can afford! I think I've got the best of all worlds, and even though picking only ten was a tricky one, here they are...
 

 
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - 010 Light Porcelain
 I bought this towards the end of 2013, and since the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation has become a firm favourite of mine. It's a fantastic colour match for my skin. It's got a medium coverage, but has a very buildable effect. I love the fact that this doesn't crease on my skin, and it has SPF 18 which is very handy for people who are as pale as a ghost, like myself. It's something I purchased many times in 2014, and will keep doing so this year, as I couldn't imagine my make-up bag without it.
 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
As you can tell, my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer has had a lot of love. I had another and the writing also wore off like it has on this one...so that's king of a negative to this product. However, it is the only one I can think of, because otherwise this product is worth all the hype. It has fantastic coverage, on everything from dark circles, to blemishes to breakouts. I use it daily, and can't image finding a concealer that I think is better.
 

MUA Eyeshadow Palette - Undressed

The MUA Undressed Palette has made it into my top ten over any other palette I have because it is so diverse. I find it such an easy to use palette, that I go to time and time again. In 2014, I found the perfect eyebrow shade for a struggling, pale faced, freckled, ginger girl. All other colours I'd tried were either too dark, or too blonde, but shade 5 in this palette is pretty perfect. I use it almost daily. Oh, and it's only £4.
 
The Body Shop Colour Crush Nail Varnish - Top and Base Coat
If you don't own this Nail Varnish, you need to. It will revolutionise your nail painting experiences! It's fantastic. If you've read some other beauty blog posts of mine, you'll have heard me mention it before, and it's in my top ten of 2014, because it's been a stand out product of my past year. I can't get enough of it. No matter what varnish I pair it with, it prevents chipping, and that saves me a lot of time having to reapply the colours - who doesn't want to save time? I haven't tried any of the other Body Shop Colour Crush Varnish's but I imagine they'll find their way into my very generous Nail Varnish collection at some point this year.
 
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - 010 Light Porcelain
I bought this in Spring last year, when I ran out of my trusted Match Perfection, and it was on a deal in Boots where two foundations were one price. I'm so glad I picked it up. I got it because I'd heard good things about the product, so was kind of familiar with it, and the Rimmel Brand had never let me down before. It has a higher coverage than the Match Perfection, and I think, even though I have them in the same shade (010 Light Porcelain), that the Wake Me Up is slightly darker. I love this foundation for it's brightening effect. It's fantastic, under my eyes!
 
No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow - Top shade from Forest Fruits Trio
This is my favourite eyeshadow of the past year - bold statement I know but it's true. I got it as a sample when I went to the No7 counter for something else, and it's the top shade from a trio of purples. I adore this colour! It's formula is fantastic, and blends incredibly easily, and is really highly pigmented. It's a light lilac, so is a very soft colour, and looks gorgeous whatever the weather or season. I much prefer palettes to individual shadows, but this is an individual that will be in my make up bag for a long time to come!
 
Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick - Nudist
This lipstick featured in my September Favourites and could feature in every monthly favourites of mine! I think everyone needs the perfect nude, and I imagine it's different for everyone, but this is mine. It's a fantastic colour, it's long lasting, it isn't sticky, and it's super glossy, without being shiny - does that make sense? I hope you get my drift! I don't own any of the other colours but would be really interested to try some, any recommendations?
 
No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder - Coral Flush
I got this blusher in 2013 but it got pushed to the back of my make-up draw and I just forgot about it! I rediscovered it last year, and since, it hasn't left my make up bag. This blusher made it to my top ten, because of it's pigmentation, it's fantastic! It gives a natural glow, and doesn't look drawn on. I hate the "I've got two pink stripes down the side of my face" look - it has to blend, and this does!
 
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Until 2014, I hadn't been a massive fan of primers - I just never used them. Last year, I discovered both face primers and eye primers. I got this little Primer Potion in an Urban Decay palette, and never used it. But I tried it once and realised the difference it made to both the application of the product and the staying power. It prevented creasing, and gave something for the product to stick to, so a lot less product fell down under my eyes! I don't think the full size product of the primer is the cheapest, but it is worth the investment if you're looking for a good primer that you'll get a lot of use out of!
 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil - Perversion
This pencil is a considerably smaller size than what it started out as - I'm always using it...and always sharpening it...and it needs sharpening again by the looks of that photo! This Eye Liner does what it says it does - it glides on! It blends fantastically and has great staying power. It's one of my favourite products of the year because it looks good both on it's own and with a heavy eye! It's definitely something I would keep repurchasing!
 
That's it for my Beauty Favourites of 2014. I was really hard to narrow my overly generous collection of beauty products down to just ten, but I think I've picked out some good ones!
 
What would be in your 2014 Favourites?

No comments