The Body Shop Loyalty Card and Birthday Gift

 
My purse is brimming with them, loyalty cards galore, but how many of them do I actually use? Are they any good? Well today, I thought I'd talk about The Body Shop's Love Your Body Card.
What's good about it? What's bad about it? Is it something I'd recommend?
 
Last May I went into The Body Shop looking for an idea for a friend's birthday present. That weekend they were giving out their loyalty cards, the Love Your Body card, free of charge instead of the usual £5. Prior to that day I didn't go into The Body Shop as often as I do now, so it's not something I would have paid for, but considering it was free I thought I'd give it a go.
 
Everytime you show the card, it saves you 10% off your purchases. What I particularly liked about it was the fact as soon as I registered it in the store I began to start saving money, as I saved 10% off the purchase I made that day as well (rather than having to go away and register it online before I could start saving money).
 
It doesn't work on a points system like the Boots or Superdrug cards. Everytime you purchase you get your 10% and a stamp - in theory. It doesn't count when you by something online, or at Body Shop at home parties and there's been a couple of occasions where it hasn't been stamped. Annoying! (I got a stroppy man twice, and he didn't stamp it either time and I didn't realise until I got home)

 
After four stamps, you get £5 off a purchase, and after 8 stamps you get £10 off your purchase. If that many had of stamped my card, I'd have got my £5 taken off, and I'd be on my way to saving a tenner. In fact, it surely has to be more than that one man, because I only have two stamps, and I've definitely been to The Body Shop more than twice. Definitely a negative, and something The Body Shop staff need to work on - although your store may be different.
 
One of my favourite things about this card is that in your birthday month you are able to redeem a product of your choice up to the value of £5. If you spend more than this, you get £5 taken off the bill, and your usual discount of 10%. I'm not aware of anywhere else doing this little birthday treat, and it's definitely something that makes this card more unique. I've been eyeing up the Instablur for a good few months, and when I realised I could take the £5 off a product, I thought I'd take the opportunity to get the Instablur for almost half price! I'm in love! It's one of my favourite new products, and I have no idea why I haven't picked it up sooner. I'll probably do an entire review on it at some point soon, so look out for that one!

 
Would I recommend getting this card? Definitely. Especially if they do another promotion weekend with it able for free. If I'd of bought it I'd of definitely made the money back by now on my savings, so it would definitely be worthwhile. And I will by it again this year, when my current on expires. However, I'm not so sure if I'll be able to spare the £5 once I'm a skint student!
 
What loyalty cards do you love? Do you have stamp issues with The Body Shop card?

 

4 comments

  1. Great article and great idea. Thanks for sharing with us. Loyalty cards in Perth are very famous. Customers eagerly waited for these cards to get discount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobbycraft, Paperchase IKEA give 5£ on birthdays with t&c applied
    Greggs gives a sweet ext its on money saving websites x just found it all out ^^ google skills

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLACKWOOD FOR MEN is really the top brand in the US to get the right men's hair and skin products heard a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete