Rimmel Match Perfection vs Rimmel Wake Me Up



They are fierce competitors in the foundation wars. Created by the same high street brand Rimmel, The Match Perfection and Wake Me Up foundations are firm favourites of mine. They are my go to everyday foundations, but which would come out on top if I could only choose one?

____________________________________________________________________________________
RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION
____________________________________________________________________________________

This has a heavier coverage out of the two, and is a much thicker product. It take more effort to buff into the skin, but can easily be applied either a brush or your fingers. I have the shade 010 Light Porcelain, and I still think it is a little to dark for me. On a swatch it looks quite orange, however this disappears once it has been worked into the skin. It has a slight shimmer to it, which isn't completely obvious on the skin, however it does contribute to those anti-fatigue properties this foundation is known for. It is incredibly brightening on the face, however if you have very oily skin I don't think this would be for you - there is a fine line between dewy and OTT shiny! I have combination skin, and on the oiler patches I do need to keep applying powder throughout the day, however the foundation itself is very long lasting. 
Price: £8.99

_____________________________________________________________________________________
RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION FOUNDATION
_____________________________________________________________________________________

This has a much runnier consistency, and is much easier to blend, resulting in a lighter coverage, however it is buildable - but if you were looking for a really high coverage, this wouldn't be for you. Again, I have this in the shade 010 Light Porcelain and it is a much better match for my skin - it's lighter even though it's the same shade! It gives a more matt finish, and other products like concealers and powders and blushers and all that jazz, sit well on top, and don't slide about. I feel I need more product to cover my face with this one because it does have that runnier consistency though, so I do get through more of this one.
Price: £6.99

_____________________________________________________________________________________
MY FAVOURITE
_____________________________________________________________________________________
For everyday it's got to be the Match Perfection, however for night wear it's going to be the Wake Me Up. I can't be bothered to keep retouching the powder throughout the day if I'm really busy but I don't want to shiny look either, so I think Wake Me Up is better for me for short wear. The Match Perfection comes to the rescue for daily wear though, and is probably my favourite out of the two because it's more matt!
That's it for today, see you on Sunday!

4 comments