The Make Up Bag... Country Break

Packing up my make up bag for a few relaxed days away in a cottage in Scotland was a tough task. Getting it down to a few versatile items that would serve me well for relaxed country days, city days, and pubs nights out. So, what did I take?
 

I decided to switch out a usual foundation for a lighter coverage BB Cream. It gives a slightly lighter coverage, yet would be buildable to go from day to night. The particular one I choose was The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream. I added the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer to dot under my eyes, and on any red areas for those good skin days where little coverage would be acceptable. I then took the MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blusher in Bittersweet. It's a very pale pink that would give the 'I've just been on a long walk in the fresh Scottish country air look'. Next up is the Collection Lasting Perfection powder in 02 Medium - it's handy mirror and sponge means it's perfect for my handbag. I decided to go for two Mascaras (very rock and roll, I know!). First the Seventeen Maximum Volume Mascara in Brown/Black for a softer daytime look, then the Benefit Roller Lash to give killer lashes in the evening. I took my trusted 'does it all' MUA Undressed Palette, to double up as my eyebrow colour and twelve beautiful shadow shades. Finally, for my lips, I took my trusted Burt's Bee's Nourishing Mango Butter Lip Balm, Rimmel Provocalips in 230 Kiss Fatal, Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist, and the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Lacquer in Charm Offensive.
 
And that's it. Not bad for me! I'm getting much better at packing what I need rather than just taking my whole make up stash!
 
See you next time!

 
P.S Sorry about the picture quality. Lighting in our cottage wasn't the best!
 
 

 

No comments