6 things I learnt in 6 months of Blogging!

 
Last month marked six months of headlinedbyhannah's existence. While scrolling through my twitter feed I saw a post that someone I done (I can't remember who, sorry!) where they'd tweeted an archive post from their first six months, talking about things they'd learnt! I thought I'd roll with the idea and talk six things I've learnt in my first six months of blogging!
 


ONE: BE ORGANISED AND MAKE LISTS

In general life as well as on your blog. Making a list will mean you are much more prepared with your posts, you'll know what needs doing when, and you can fit it into general life, rather than late night blogging after work or panic blogging the morning a post is due to go up. Being organised will mean blogging is a lot more enjoyable as well.

TWO: SOMETIMES IT JUST WON'T WORK OUT

Plan far enough in advance so that if an idea you thought was great isn't turning out that great you can change your mind. Don't put pressure on yourself to make the blog post great if it just isn't going to be - you'll be better changing the idea and going back to the original at a later date if you're really keen to post it!

THREE: EVERYDAY WON'T BE A GOOD DAY

Don't have great expectations that each day more and more people will read your posts. Don't think that if only a few people read it one day, all of a sudden your blog is failing! It's not! Because the next day 300 people could read it and surpass all your expectations.

FOUR: DON'T BE EMBARASSED

Tell people you have a blog. Tell people what you post about, don't be ashamed of your content! If you make an effort to tell people about your blog posts it'll pay off - people can't read it if they don't know it's there! Tweet, Instagram, shout it from the rooftops, just tell people. You started this blog because you wanted to, your post things you want to post, you love it when people read your posts....so don't be embarrassed to talk about it and say it's going well!

FIVE: WOULD YOU WANT TO READ THAT?

If you'd want to read a post, it's pretty likely that someone else will want to as well. Write what you want to write, and let your personality come across, because it's likely that people will enjoy reading that a lot more than a really boring post where you can tell the person isn't really bothered about writing it! You don't like reading those types of blog posts so why would anyone want to read that blog post on your blog!

SIX: ON A BAD DAY, TURN TO THE BLOG

When you need a little pick me up, go read a few comments, look at a few of your emails, read other blog posts! It'll cheer you up! You started my blog as an escape, keep it as that - escape to it when you need to.

 
So there a few things, I have learnt in my first six months of blogging! There are a lot more, but they are things I would tell myself and tell other people time and time again!
 
See you next time.

No comments