Monthly Favourites | March 2015



Last month my favourites were entirely centered around music. Well this month proceedings resume as normal and I've got a couple of beauty favourites, mixed in with a travel related favourite and some other random things. Here goes...



 


First beauty favourite is the Rimmel, Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Pencil in 004 Indian Summer. I have a lot of pink lipsticks and I've been looking for a lip liner that would go with a lot of different shades of pink, without having too buy a liner to match each. I've found the perfect liner in this one! It's really blendable, so gives a really light colour around the edges or can be made into a much more solid, strong colour. It lasts a really long time, and I have noticed when I've blended it onto my lips my lipstick has lasted longer. If the name '1000 Kisses' is meant to mean it lasts for 1000 Kisses I don't think this would be true - that's a lot of kissing! - however it does last a really long time.

  
Next Up I have been loving the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara. I did a first impressions post on it, where I raved about how it had rid the need for eyelashes curlers from my make up bag, and it has continued to impress thoughout March. I love it's curling power, it really lifts my lashes and defines them. I have the little travel sized version of the product which is just so ideal. Combine this with the fact it removes the need for me to take eyelash curlers with me whenever I use it, it's a great space saving product to be carrying around with you!


 
I've also been loving the Schwarzkopf Got2b Oil-licious Styling Oil. This is great! I've had it for quite a while now, and I loved it when I first got it, but it kind of got pushed to the back of my shelf and forgotten about. But I recently rediscovered it and use it almost daily. My hair does not react well to a blow dry - it really dries it out and causes it to go quite frizzy. This solves those problems, you can apply it to wet or dry hair and just gives goodness to my hair! It makes it look really sleek, if it's curly, it holds the shape of my curls, it isn't heavy so doesn't weigh it down...it just generally helps my hair! As you can see from the above picture it is quite runny so I just rub it inbetween my fingers before I rub it through my hair to warm it up a bit - found this to me the way it works best for me.
I'll definitely be repurchasing this one when it runs out!
 
Now onto random favourites..

I'm not massively into reading books. It's something I've only ever really done when I've gone on holiday and been lounging about my the pool. But towards the end of February I went to see the 50 Shades of Grey movie, and it was left on a cliffhanger so I immediately wanted to download the other books to see what happened. I bought them on my tablet (I have a Samsung one) and once I've finished them, I've downloaded so many more. I never thought I'd say it but books have become a favourite of mine. I definitely have a favourite genre - romantic comedies are my thing, but I've been addicted to them. Also, reading them on my tablet has been great for travelling. This month I've been catching trains all over the country, and it means I have a choice of books in one place - I like a big handbag, and I like to carry a lot, but even I'd draw the line at a library in there...by using my tablet I can take a library!

 
My final favourite is my new suitcase. I asked for this for my birthday, and picked it up with my Mum a few days before. I really wanted one that had four wheels. It may seem like a small thing, but I just felt like when I was in train stations, or walking around, I felt paranoid when I was pulling my suitcase behind me, and it just felt like something extra to worry about. With trying to travel more on my own, I wanted to eliminate any stresses that didn't need to be there, and getting this suitcase has done just that. I can pull it along beside me, it's always in sight, and I feel more secure with it's padlock zip. This one is from Tripp and we got in the Debenhams sale. I love the colour!

What were you loving in the month of March?
Have you done a March Favourites? Leave a comment if you have!



 

1 comment

  1. I want a reading tablet also. I'm currently getting rid of all of my books. HaHaHa I'm just on the move more and want them all at my disposal. I love Benefit's Roller Lash mascara. Had a chance to try it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete