TAG: The TMI Travel Tag


I was copying all my pictures over from my phone to my computer (a job I do not do enough, I'd lose far too many precious photos if my phone ever got wiped!) and I came across all my holiday pictures from last year. The holiday I took to Gran Canaria with a couple of friends was probably one of the best I've ever had - I flew home only a few hours before I had my stroke, but I have fantastic memories of that week away. Anyway, as I was reminiscing I remembered that I'd seen a travel tag over on Wanderness. I thought I would tag myself and post it for you today!

What was the last country you visited?
Gran Canaria, July 2014

How many countries have you visited?
No idea, I'm very lucky to have been to a lot of places. I'd love to get one of those world maps where you scratch of the places you've been to. It'd be amazing to see where you've visited like that.

What is your favourite place on the planet that you've been too?
I can't name one. Each place I've been, has a favourite little place within it. If I had to choose, I'd say New York or Tanzania

Favourite place in your home country?
My village, it's near Doncaster and is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. As much as I complain that it's too quiet and boring, it's so peaceful when I'm here and I love coming back when I've been away.

If you could board a plane now, where would you go?
L.A :) It's hot, and with myself recently taking up running, I could totally see myself running through the streets of L.A with a juice in my hand! Very L.A - very not me! Haha!

What's your cup of tea - Tropical Island Getaway, Snowy Ski Break, or City Exploring Trips?
I'm going to say City trips because I just feel like there is so much to do, and they can be a relaxing or busy as you want them to be.

What are your top three hand luggage must-haves?
Ipod, a change of underwear (you never know what may happen to your case) and tissues because the altitude when flying always gives me a nosebleed!

Any travel-tips to share?
Pack everything you think you need, then unpack, take a third out (especially with regards to those lipsticks), and pack again.

Most embarrassing moment abroad?
There was an incident in New York that involved mishearing someone (who was English by the way and didn't have an accent) that is a story I wish to forget. I can't share....I can't bring myself to do it. But I can hear my friends laughing as they read this because they know exactly what I'm on about.

Biggest Disappointment?
I've not really been disappointed by any trip! I've thought some things would be different to how they have been, but I haven't been disappointed.

Nicest Surprise?
I went skiing for a week and injured my leg on the second or third day, I spent the rest of the week sat in a café with a fellow injured classmate (it was a school trip) drinking hot chocolates. The hot chocolates were probably the best I've ever had, but the nicest surprise was that it was in those lonely café days that myself and Alex would talk to each other - she is now one of my closest friends.

This rubbish quality of a restaurant will mean nothing to you however to me and Alex, this place is a big deal!
Three places at the top of the travel bucket list?
Australia, Amsterdam, and Paris

Favourite Food Discovery?
I don't think I have one, there's loads of foods I've enjoyed when I've been abroad, but I can't remember any in particular.

Why do you travel?
There's so much of the world to see, I couldn't imagine not trying to see it. I like to try new things, meet new people, see different places. Life would be very boring I think if you didn't take these chances and do all these things. Travelling can be as economical, or as expensive as you want it to be - I find it really satisfying when I've been saving my money, and can put it towards a trip that I'll enjoy so much.

What three things would you take on holiday/going travelling if you could?
My pillow, but it's just to big to take abroad! I'd also take my own supply of water, because foreign water just doesn't taste the same as the good old English stuff, and a large supply of biscuits.

Have you picked up any phrases from travelling?
Shagalabagala - it means something like drunk in Swahili I think. It's Swahili for something anyway.

What two places would you not go back to and why?
I don't think I'd go back to Gran Canaria, because we were there for a week and I feel like we did a lot and there isn't much more to do. I can't really think of anywhere else.

Your dream travel companion?
I don't know. Someone who hasn't been the places we're visiting before - discovering it together.

Most Surreal Travel Moment?
Watching the Sunsets when we were in Tanzania was incredible. They were stunning.



Three people you would like to see do this tag?
Anyone reading. I'd actually love to see my best friend do this as she's been some pretty incredible so I might as her to do a guest post on it at some point!

That's all for today. Hope you've enjoyed it!




No comments