Monthly Favourites | July 2015


This month I've got some quite varied beauty that are more skincare than make-up, and then a very random couple of lifestyle favourites. I'll stop teasing you and just start telling you shall I? Let's get started!

First up is something that I first got given a couple of years ago when I did some work experience at Boots. I tried for about two months to figure out how to actually get the product out, and I just couldn't work it out, so for a good year it remained unopened in the back of the beauty drawer. A few months ago, I figured it was just a pump, just a pump -  what had I been struggling with? I used it a couple of times but this month I have fallen back in love with it. It is the Botanics Ultra Calm Skin Relief Serum. I have quite spot prone skin, and I've discovered another new face product (I'll talk about that in a second) that this is the perfect pairing with. It's very calming on the skin, makes it feel super soft, and is actually really good value for money - no more than two pumps and you've covered you're whole face. It's currently available for £3 instead of £5.99 at Boots!
 
 



Now, to that other face product. It's the Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub. It contains really fine beads that make it more of a scrub then an exfoliator. It says you'll see a difference from day one and I saw a difference from day one! Not a claim that is usually true. Honestly, straight after the first use, I could see my pores were much clearer and my skin was much smoother. It's very creamy which I really like, you apply it, and rub it in a circular motion and it rubs into your skin not around it like some other face washes. I'm a big fan.




This month I've been a big fan of the Essie Help Me Grow Base Coat. I did a whole review post on it on Tuesday so I won't bamble on too about it for too long. All I need to say is that it has saved my broken and damaged nails. For the first time in weeks this polish has made my nails strong, feel from flaking and chipping, and has put them on a track back to the nice nails I used to have until I wore gels. It's £8.99, so quite pricey for a base coat, but it has saved my nails so as a one of purchase I don't mind although I will be looking for a cheaper alternative for the long term.


Next Up is Water. Good old fashioned H20. For the past couple of weeks, I've been feeling quite headachy, quite light headed and I think my blood pressure has been the lowest it's been for a while (it's always up and down). I had a look online for things that could help and everyone was saying drink more fluids. I'm a big fan of coffee, and I know this dehydrates you so I've been trying to drink more and more water. I've noticed a big difference in how I've been feeling. Now I've seen this difference I'm going to try to keep up the water intake - I'm trying to drink a litre a day, which I know is still less then the recommend daily amount, but it's a litre more than before.


My final favourite is music related. I woke up on Friday morning and checked twitter as I always do to see what happened overnight and I saw someone's tweet saying 'didn't know it was coming but the new 1D track is pretty alright'....what new track? You've got that wrong I thought. Well I was the wrong one, I'm usually the first one with the 1D knowledge but I missed that one! So to complete this month's favourites is the new One Direction track 'Drag Me Down', I'm in love. To be honest I'd love anything they came out with but this track is really different and cool, and very catchy. I can't get it out my head.

 

That's it for my July Favourites. What have you been loving this month?




No comments