My Nan's All Bran Cake Recipe


Today is a day for another recipe. My Nan was famous for her recipe books, her apple pies were particularly delicious, however today I'll be sharing with you what is likely to be the most simple of all her cakes - her All Bran Cake. Yes, cereal in a cake is something that you might be thinking should never have been created, however this is without doubt one of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted, and possibly the easiest recipe I've shared on my blog.


MAKES: ONE LOAF CAKE (8-12 SERVINGS)    PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES    BAKE TIME: 1 1/2 HOURS


THE CAKE
Add the all bran and milk to a bowl and soak for 20 minutes
Heat the oven to 170⁰C, fan 150⁰C, Gas Mark 3
Add the flour, sugar, and egg
Stir until well combined
Add the fruit
Bake for 1 1/2 hours
Leave to cool


 
This recipe is honestly so simple, and you might be thinking 'Cereal in a cake, that is just wrong' - well that's what I thought at first but I love it now. Have a go!
 
 


No comments