Happy Birthday Headlined By Hannah

It's been a year! Wowzers! Headlined by Hannah, my little blog, my tiny piece of the internet is a whole year old! I can't believe how fast this year has gone, how well this blog has done, and how happy it has made me!!!! Prepare for a very exclamation mark heavy, and grammar police treasure of a post....!!!!!

''It's called headlined by hannah, what do you think?'', ''It's fine, you just need to get writing it'', ''I have'', ''Excellent'', ''DON'T READ IT!''

A conversation I had with a friend on 30th September last year. I tried to stop him reading it, all I'd wrote was this is my first blog post, but the idea of someone reading it, felt really strange. I guess because in the weeks I'd been trying to come up with a name, I knew that I was really writing the blog for me, as much as I was for anybody else. It was going to be my thing, for this gap year I didn't want and the place I would go to talk about stuff I wanted to talk about.

''Started my blog....Ahhhh!'', ''What's it called?'', ''Headlined By Hannah'', ''Just been reading it, it's good'', ''What do I write about next?'', ''Just write when you do something interesting. Think of it like telling a friend, if it's something you'd tell one of us, put it on the blog.''

One of the best things my best mate has ever told me. I don't know, the majority of people that are reading what I write don't know me in person, but yet, you know more about me than some people I've known for a lot longer than a year. You are like friends - just ones that I speak to via email or twitter or comments.

''Hannah! How are you? How's the media lifestyle going?'' ''It's going good. My blog is taking off so I'm putting a lot of time into it'', ''For some reason I can't comment'', ''I tried to fix it but I'm guessing it hasn't.''

Something which months later I'm still trying to do - apologies if you're trying to comment but can't, it's happened to me when I've tried commenting on other blogs using the google system but I'm trying to fix it. Around December time was when I noticed people that I couldn't give an explanation for where continually coming back for each post, and the more views, and readers I got, the more it spurred me on, it was making me so happy!

''Please tell me more about your blog progress Hannah, you're snapchat vanished too quickly'', - I ramble for 12 lines about the excitement of people finding my blog - ''Wow!!!!!!! You'll have followers from every single country before you know it.''

I don't know how many there are, and I definitely haven't been read in the all, however there are quite a few times when I've seen a country someones read my blog from and I've had to sit down. To all of you in Taiwan, Greece, Ukraine, Russia, India, Ghana, Trinidad and Tabago, Lithuania, Bangladesh, the UK, the States, France, Spain, Netherlands....and the rest the make up the 60 something Headlined By Hannah has been viewed in, thank you. It astoundes me, that people across the globe, read my blog. It's something I'll never take for granted - Thank you :)


When I started this writing this post I never intended to share those conversations, there are many more hilarious ones, but this post would be very long if I included them all.

I'm really proud of the success of my blog this year. I don't personally know anyone that has a blog (well, there is a girl I know, she has an anonymous blog...she thinks it's anonymous anyway) so doing this was stepping into the unknown. Since the beginning of the year I've come up with a post three times a week, and now I'm at Uni, on what is one of the most full on courses there is, I don't know how well I'll manage to keep up with that. 

Fingers crossed, for the next month or so I'll be able to manage with three posts a week, but after that my course gets a lot busier so I think I might drop down to once a week or something. I might also set up a blog for student midwives....this time I find a name I wanted really quickly except I'm yet to post. But anyway, I'll let you know what happens!

I really hope you stick with me on my journey to being a midwife, through university, and on the way to living life after stroke to the best it can be! I'm looking forward to the future of this little blog.

Thank you for being here for a year, I love you!!! And if you're new here, or reading my blog for the first time today, welcome!!!! 




1 comment

  1. Happy Birthday to your blog and congrats for going for a year! Good luck with your goals, I'm sure you'll achieve them :) xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete