My five ways to de-stress

Having just watched one of Vivianna Does Makeup's recent youtube videos on de-stressing I thought I would share with you some of my tips for keeping calm. Having just started university there's been a lot of stress in my life these past few weeks, so here are a few ways I've kept on top of it all!
 
ONE: PLAN. Anna mentioned it in her video and I was going to forget about it so not to copy, but how can I when it is honestly my biggest piece of advice for keeping life stress free. Whenever I feel things getting on top of me a little bit I start a to-do list, and get scribbling. Seeing everything written down helps me prioritise and keeps me motivated because who doesn't enjoy ticking tick boxes?

TWO: GET INTO YOUR COMFIES. That baggy jumper with the ketchup stain, those stretched worn out leggings, no bra - you know the look I'm on about. I understand, that this may not be appropriate if you are stressed at work, however, at the end of a tiring stressful day, I find this a really good way to relax and unwind.

THREE: DO SOMETHING YOU ENJOY. Add something exciting to that to do list - whether it be sport, baking, reading, whatever it is make some me time, and don't feel guilty for it.

FOUR: HAVE A BATH. Again this is something Anna mentioned (I'm not copying honestly!) but it's something I am a massive fan of when I'm stressed. I often take a magazine into the bathroom or my laptop and a DVD, just so I stay there longer and don't rush because I can list 50 things I should be doing at the same time. My uni accommodation although nice, is not that nice because it doesn't have a bath so no doubt when I go home I will be making the most of it there.

FIVE: LIGHT CANDLES. The little flickers of light are so relaxing, and the smell of your favourite candle can make any room smell familiar and homely! At uni I can't light candles, so instead I have the matching insence sticks so that my room smells as comfortable as it does at home.
 
Hope you've enjoyed this post. What do you do to relax and de-stress? Let me know!
 
 

No comments