Dilemmas, dilemmas, dilemmas

Wednesday...
 
I've just arrived at my first shift on my new placement. I don't start for half and hour but needed to pick up my parking permit so came a little early. Now here is my dilemma...

 
Am I staff or a visitor? I'm parked in a visitor car park because my permit says student not staff. But am I in the wrong car park? Please no fine....please no fine. But I'm here all the time, I can't be feeling this pressure every time I arrive. I need to ask someone...but who? I can't go back to the office, I won't be able to find it again. Oh dilemmas.
 
I also got the last space in this car park and I'm sat here watching visitors drive around looking for spaces feeling guilty incase I've used one when I should actually be in the staff car park. If I move to the other car park there may be no spaces and I'll of lost this one as well. Argh.
 
Friday...
 
I've currently got through two shifts, without a parking fine. I've parked in exactly the same spot both times, it's kind of my thing now!
 
All this has got me thinking, isn't life just one big dilemma? One big question? Every day we're making decisions from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to sleep. What time shall I leave the house? What shall I wear? What shall I eat? Do I have time to do that?
 
At the time they seem like trivial decisions. Picking my parking spot is not a big choice - but if I got a fine, think of all the things I could have done with that £60. Everything has a consequence. Everything is a choice and a result. Think of all the decisions you've ever made without even thinking, millions of them, and if they'd have been wrong, what could have happened. Scary? Yeah.
 
Anyway, I should stop procrastinating and get back to my heap of revision, before I go on nights for the rest of the week.
 
 
P.S Apologies that this post has got a little deep. I don't really know how it ended up like this. I also cannot stop thinking about questions and consequences!
 
 
 
 

No comments