My Scrapbooking Supplies


I've been scrapbooking for a few months now, and although I'm way behind with my scrapbook, I keep adding to my supplies. I've grown to have quite a collection, of a variety of things, so I thought I'd share some of those with you today. I bought a plastic carry box from Hobbycraft and all my supplies fit in there nicely...although I'm pretty sure they'll run out of space soon!

____________________________________________________________________________________
 
WASHI TAPE
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
I'll start with washi tape because I think it's one of the first things I bought. I bought a three pack from Paperchase which I think was about about £3 on offer. The rest though have come from The Works - again three in a pack, but this time for £1. An absolute bargain! I love the versatility of washi tape, and it just doesn't seem to run out. I'm yet to get to the end of a roll and I just keep adding to my collection.
 

 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
LETTERING
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
This is my indulgence. I buy a lot of lettering and I love using it. I would say I buy most of them from Hobbycraft, I find their own branded range to be really good value and really useable - there's nothing worse than running out of vowels and having loads of the other letters left. Hobbycraft sheets are just not like that. In the picture below the coloured sheets at the top are from the SNAP! scrapbook brand. I picked up two packets for just a couple of pounds from TKMaxx and they're one of my favourites.
 
 
____________________________________________________________________________
 
JOURNALLING CARDS
____________________________________________________________________________
 
I seem to just keep buying these - I'm drawn to them. One of the things I love most about scrapbooking is the creativity. When I started scrapbooking I looked at the brands such as Project Life and I just thought it was all so expensive. But then I realised it really didn't have to be and you can spend as much or as little money as you like. I tend to pick up all my journaling cards from TKMaxx and I don't think I've ever spent more then £4 on a pack. I think these packs were the my minds eye brand but I really can't remember. If you're starting scrapbooking I'd definitely say these are a must...just don't spend to much money on them!
 

 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
STICKERS
____________________________________________________________________________
 
Now let's talk about stickers. Again from TKMaxx I picked these ones up at the steal price of £1.99. They're perfect for sticking on the corners of pictures, onto the journaling cards to show a date, spelling out a quote or a memory...I also love the colours of these ones and the sentiments. I wanted to point them out for another reason as well - the amount you get for the price. When I've been buying some things, I thought 'that's good for two quid' them I've realised I'm actually only getting 30 stickers. In these there's 8 sheets each with probably 100 stickers on. Stickers are great for adding another dimension to your scrapbooking whatever style you do just be wary of the price of some.
 
 
____________________________________________________________________________
 
PAPERS
____________________________________________________________________________
 
I'm a paper hoarder. I would say I bought more paper before I started scrapbooking than whilst I've been doing it. Paper frightens me in many ways - when I use it, I use such a big about, to mount a picture on for example, I always take ages to decide which is the perfect paper before I cut into it. I've spent hours doing this! Having said that, this can transform a scrapbook page. It adds another layer, another dimension, and if you use the right one can help the page tell another story.


 
____________________________________________________________________________
 
AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS
____________________________________________________________________________
 
This final category is for all the things that don't really have categories. Cutouts, postcards (I own most of Paperchase), paper scraps. One of the best things I have in my scrapbook store is a load of things I've picked up as I've gone along. Napkins, pictures I've printed, stickers from bottles drank at special occasions, leaflets, tickets...all these things are priceless because they were actually there if that makes sense and they tell a story.




So, there are my scrapbooking supplies. I probably started buying things about a year ago so my collection has been growing for a while now and I have no doubt I'll continue to add to it. Leave me a comment if there is anything you want to know about in particular or is there anything you scrapbook with that is an absolute essential?
 
See you next time!
 

 
Something Similar...
 

 
 

No comments