#MakeMayPurple to help conquer stroke


May is Stroke Awareness Month here in the UK. The Stroke Association run the campaign, Make May Purple, every year and with it being that time of the year again I thought I'd share a little blog post to do my bit to help raise awareness. I've been wearing my conquer stroke badge out and about to show my support. Fundraising is so important, the Stroke Association have supported me beyond measure, and I will continue to do all I can to give back to them whenever I get a chance. As a young stroke survivor I believe awareness about stroke is just as important! I never thought it would happen to me, I didn't know it could happen to me! You might think you don't need to know what this blog post say but please take two minutes to read it - you could help save a life!

With a stroke happening in the UK every five minutes it's not something that should be an unknown. People are most likely to have a stroke when they are over the age of 55 BUT as I know, it can happen to you at any age, anytime. Different strokes strike in different ways but there are some things that are common between them all.


THE FAST CAMPAIGN IS A NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN TO HELP RAISE AWARENESS OF STROKES. KNOW THE SIGNS AND YOU MIGHT SAVE A LIFE


If you think someone might be having a stroke ask four questions:

FACE: Has their face fallen on one side? Can they smile?
ARMS: Ask them to raise both arms and keep them there, are they unable to raise one?
SPEECH: Is their speech slurred? Ask them to say hello!
TIME: If you see any of these symptoms, call 999!


That's all you need to know. It really isn't a lot, but knowing something could help save a part of someone. People who are treated quickly have a lot better outcomes!

CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE FAST TEST AND SEE AND MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT STROKES. IT TAKES TWO MINUTES AND IT COULD TELL YOU SOMETHING THAT WILL SAVE A LIFE



No comments