Fitness Friday: Week Five

 

 
 
Opening with a cheesy sentence I know - but where are the weeks going! Already on fitness Friday week five! Already! I can't believe it. Training is really beginning to step up a gear now. This is how this week has gone.

As I mentioned last week I was in London at the weekend so was unable to go for a run - however we did stand pretty much all day on Saturday and walked miles over the couple of days we were there so I was still active and I am still counting this as fitness. I was so tired on Monday and Tuesday (I hadn't taken anytime off work so was pretty exhausted) which meant my planned Tuesday morning run was sacrificed for an extra hour asleep.

Wednesday morning though I got up for a run and went 1.6 miles. I went on a new route - that didn't go so well. I have an armband that I put my phone in and I could feel it coming loose. So I stopped to tighten it, and no joke, I think I dislocated my shoulder and just popped it back into place. I heard it Crunch! That wasn't fun. I had to walk for a couple of minutes while stretching my arm so I wasn't able to keep running :( But then I picked up again and thought I'd go down a little pathway we used to walk down when I was out with my friends when we were kids - mistake! It's very different now, and very overgrown, I had to walk it, it was like walking through a forest. But once I got to the end, I ran the rest of the way back which was about 0.7 miles.

Thursday was run day with Bridie again! She opened our run when we were warming up with 'oh, I've already been out three times this week', I definitely need to keep up with her. We started off thinking, let's just aim for further than last week. We started running, and kept running. After a couple of small breaks to stretch, we ran past last weeks marker. This will mean nothing to you, unless you live in the area I live in, but Bridie saw a little break in the trees and shouted 'Hannah, it's Haxey!'. We'd ran to the next village. I was thinking we must be getting near, but I can't believe how much we've progressed in such a short space of time. We ran back and ran just over 4 miles in total. We've gone past halfway now for what we need to run in August. Training is going well.

I also bought some new fitness gear this week. I won't update you on it now, I might do a post on it soon so keep your eyes peeled for that one!

Just want to say thank you for the comments and tweets I received about warming up properly after last weeks post. A couple of people recommended Yoga with Adrienne - I had a look and I'm thinking of doing the 30 day yoga challenge, hopefully that will help with my fitness on non-run days. I've also looked on Pinterest, and found a lot of interesting stuff so created a new board - check that out here if you'd like.

See you on Sunday!




LINKS
 
My JustGiving Page - here
Fitness Friday Week One - here
Fitness Friday Week Two - here
Fitness Friday Week Three - here
Fitness Friday Week Four - here


2 comments

  1. This is the most inspirational post ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you for such a lovely comment! x

      Delete